My Dose of Horror?

I've been a very "jumpy" person for as long as I can remember; And because of that, I seem to have developed some sort of "allergy" to horror pictures. Good thing that at my age, I've acquired "techniques" to compensate for my jumpiness. Okay.. Back when I was a kid things were different. Tales from the Crypt was the closest thing to horror I'd agree on watching. Not that the series didn't contain those so-called "jumpy moments" but because Tales from the Crypt is not your run-of-the-mill horror. It's one of those things that you just have to see. Watch it and you'll know what I mean.

Tales from the Crypt is a horror anthology TV series based on the 1950s EC Comics series of the same name. Each episode was a single story, and many had notable celebrity guest stars such as Brad Pitt, Joe Pesci, Martin Sheen, Roger Daltry, Demi Moore, and Don Rickles among others. Many famous celebrities, such as Tom Hanks, Michael J. Fox, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, also directed some episodes of the series. Tales from the Crypt was one of the few anthology series to be allowed to have full freedom from censorship by the FCC, due to the fact that it was on HBO. Given that HBO often allows its shows to have more graphic material than most shows on American television, the station allowed the series to contain graphic violence as well as other content that hadn't appeared in most television series up to that time. - wikipedia









Google